Saturday 22 November 2014

Buses of Computer


BUSES:


“A collection of conducting wires which is responsible for communicating signals from one place to another place in a computer system.”
 “A bus is a “highway” of digital signal it consist of a set of physical connection (printed circuit tracks and wires) over which the data and other information are moved for one place to another place”.

Address Bus:


The address bus requests the memory location from the memory or I/O location from an I/O device. If an I/O is addressed, address bus contains 16-bit I/O address. The 16- bit I/O address selects one of the different I/O locations.

Data Bus:


The data bus transfer the information between microprocessor and its memory an I/O locations. Data transfers vary in size depending upon the microprocessor.


Control Bus:


The control bus contains lines that select the memory or I/O and cause them to perform read or write the operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment